2016 Season Program
Some important things to note regarding the 2016 Season Program:
- The Zone has decided to play only the State/Zone Fours prior to the start of the Pennant season, which will allow clubs the opportunity to play their internal championships and conduct pennant trials.
- Pennant season begins on March 12th and concludes June 6th (Lay-Day June 25th).
- Lay-days for sectional rounds of the State Pennants are as follows:
- Rounds 1 thru 4 & 7 thru 9 – to be played on the Sunday following the next scheduled round.
- Round 5 – To be played on Saturday April 23rd.
- Round 6 – To be played Sunday May 15th (unless rd .7 is not complete, in which case date TBA by Zone Match Committee)
- Round 10 – To be played Sunday May 29th (unless rd. 9 is not complete, in which case date TBA by Zone Match Committee)
- Some lay-days for Zone Championships have been nominated on the Bowls Calendar so as to alert players involved as to possible reschedule dates. It is hoped that the majority of these lay-days will not be required by the Zone and that clubs will utilise these days for play of their own events.
- The CoCC Singles/Pairs have been regressed to the last weekend of August and 3rd weekend of September and will be run in conjunction with the Rookies Championships. Entry close dates for these championships has also been regressed to the 12th of August which allots clubs more time to complete their Major Singles & Pairs Championships. As these Championships run concurrently with the Bowls NSW Rookies events, a determination as to which date the CoCC Singles or Pairs will be played will not be made until entries have closed so as to accommodate the possibility of a player competing in both.
- As per last year, entries for Zone Events will close on Fridays, with entries received sent to clubs and published on the web. Clubs will have till Tuesday of the following week to advise the Zone of any errors or omissions. Draws will be published on Wednesdays and published draws will be final.
- Venues selected to host Finals of Zone Championships will not be altered or changed to accommodate players that are not permitted to compete at that club. Allocation of venues to accommodate players who have been restricted from playing at a club during sectional rounds, as is past practice, will still occur.