Well COVID has reared its ugly head again and with the Government extending the lockdown for another 4 weeks until the end of August I wanted to reach out to let clubs know of assistance available and just give you a quick update of what our Zone 10 Executive members are doing whilst we are in lockdown.
The new Job Saver guide lines came out on Monday and below you can see how to apply for assistance to help our members and clubs
The aim of this scheme is to provide cash flow support to impacted businesses to maintain their employee headcount as of 13 July 2021.
Applications are open now and will close at 11.59pm on 18 October 2021.
When will payments start
Employers will receive fortnightly payments backdated to cover costs incurred from week 4 (July 18) of the Greater Sydney lockdown.
JobSaver can be used to cover costs incur from 18 July 2021 including salary and wages, utilities and rent and other business costs
The cash boost will be 40% of weekly payroll, with a minimum payment of $1,500 and a maximum payment of $10,000 per week.
Non-employing businesses such as sole traders will receive $1,000 per week.
To determine weekly payroll, you should refer to the most recent BAS lodged before 26 June 2021.
Who is eligible
These payments are available to businesses, sole traders and not for profits with:
- An ABN that was operating in NSW as of 1 June 2021
- A decline in revenue of 30% or more due to the Public Health Order that commenced in Greater Sydney on 26 June
- An annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million
For most NSW businesses, the decline in turnover is calculated by comparing revenue for a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 30 July 2021 to the same period in June and/or July 2019.
If your business does not meet all the criteria, you may still be able to apply if you can provide evidence of alternative circumstances, including if your business was not in operation in June/July 2019
Employees can receive Commonwealth COVID19 Disaster payments if their employer is receiving JobSaver.
How do I apply
Businesses will need to apply online on the service NSW website, and you will need:
- Your personal proof of identity, (you will need to be an authorised representative for your business on the Australian Business Register [ABR].
- Your business ABN/ACN
- Your business banking details
- Your 2020 business income tax return or Notice of Assessment
- Evidence of your annual turnover and loss of income
- The details of your qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent.
- Provide evidence of your weekly payroll
- Details of your employee headcount as of 13 July 2021 ([and you will need to commit to maintaining this employee headcount])
- For the purposes of this grant employee headcount means the number of persons who are employed in New South Wales and who are permanent ([full-time or part-time]), or casual staff that have been employed by the business for more than 12 months.
If your business is not on the highly impacted industries list you will also need to submit a letter from a qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent to demonstrate that you experienced the required decline in turnover.
(highly impacted industries can be found here): https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/jobsaver-payment-guidelines#attachment-a-list-of-highly-impacted-industries
Currently Zone 10 Executive want to undertake a review of their processes and current agreements in place to put Zone 10 in the best position possible moving forward. We currently have our Zone 10 Co-ordinator Cameron Curtis heading up this project to assist the Executive, which will include the following
- Working on the 2022 budget with Zone 10 Treasurer Alan Blake
- Looking at our constitution and by-laws to see if we can move the AGM forward to November/December to give any new elected positions time to get processes in place for 2022
We are currently working with all zones in NSW to find out the following information
- Does your Zone pay a fixed fee or per head for affiliation fee and how much
- What is the cost to enter a pennant team
- How much do you pay for entry fee into Zone events
- Does your Zone have a Presentation Day/Night
- What do you pay in Zone Championship prize money
- What is your cost in honorarium and administration cost
Once we have collected all the information Zone 10 Executive will meet either by Zoom or hopefully in person and review what we now have in place and make changes if required to put us in the strongest possible position moving forward.
We are expecting information from BNSW in regards to further State events in the coming days, then the Zone 10 Match Committee will meet to revise the 2021 program.
Also, if your club needs assistance or help please do not hesitate to call our Vice President & Greater Sydney RBM Brett Hughes for assistance 0417 714 161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and hope to see you on the green soon.
Mark Barton President – Zone 10 m: 0408 498 508